What is fraud investigation?
A fraud investigator company in India makes sure if there has been a fraud committed, or a scam, in order to protect the victims. The dictionary defines fraud as a misrepresentation of facts to deceive a person or persons. For example , if an Indian company guarantees that the a fairness cream it produces will produce 50% fairer skin in a month, and it isn’t so in the actual case, then the company is definitely guilty of fraud, and liable to investigation by a fraud investigator company in India.
Different types of fraud
A fraud investigator company in India may be called upon to assist in any of the following instances;
- Insurance fraud: these involve cases where people make illegitimate claims to insurance, or if the insurance company refuses to honour an agreement.
- Corporate fraud: Information theft, customer information falling into the wrong hands, and reputation damaging claims are included in this category.
- Financial fraud: these include telemarketing frauds, evasion of taxes, terrorism financing, public corruption, and even health care fraud.
- Theft of identity: faulty credit card and loan applications as well as false withdrawals from bank accounts, using calling cards with dishonest intent, and using alternative names for undue benefits are some of the cases that a fraud investigator company in India might be asked to tackle.
- Transit fraud: this is not commonly seen in a fraud investigator company in India. It involves a person intentionally not holding guardrails, and falls when the vehicle, be it a subway, bus, or a streetcar.
- Expense claim fraud: when an employee over bills his company for pocket expenses, this happens. Other than this there is theft of inventory where it is checked to see if employees of a store are stealing from the stock.
Why are fraud investigations required?
If, being the victim of a fraud, you lose a lot of money and reputation, you need to have the fraud discovered and brought to light in order to get back what’s yours by right. A fraud investigator company in India can offer professional help in the form of gathering evidence and piecing it together to prove the fraud.This evidence needs to be admissible in court. Any due compensation to the person concerned will have to be ordered through the court and in rare cases; out of court settlements have also been made.
What is the process of a fraud investigator company in India?
The fraud investigator company in India will hold a meeting with the client. The client who suspects fraud should explain his reasons for thinking so, and also hand over any evidence, physical or some information which he thinks might help the investigation along the right way.
With good evidence, many frauds have been established in the past, and as it is the inherent nature of man, it is unlikely to stop. Moderate to severe sentences, depending on the mitigating circumstances, will serve to act as a deterrent to similar crimes being committed in the future.