Meaning of mystery shopping?
Mystery shopping in India is often alternatively referred to as a mystery consumer, or even a secret shopper. It is a tool which is applied by many market research companies, different watchdog organizations and also by companies internally to the quality of service offered, or regulation compliance. Mystery shopping in India can be used to gather specific data and information about different kinds of products as well as services.
Can mystery shopping in India be a job?
Mystery shopping in India can indeed be a legitimate job, where the company will pay you to pose and act as a regular customer, and then give them feedback on certain things that could improve the customer experience. Because of the fact that you are seeing the store or their products from a customer’s point of view, and also interacting with the employees, your opinion will count towards the company making a decision about changing something for the better. There are many mystery shoppers, some work for multiple companies, and in return a fee is paid, or ask to make a purchase from them with a big rebate on it.
Where can mystery shopping in India applied?
Mystery shopping in India is primarily used as a measure of employee integrity. The tools included in mystery shopping in India are questionnaires, as well as audio and video recordings, which the store a quite critical assessment. Industries like retail stores, movie theaters, restaurants, hotels, fast food chains, car dealerships, gas stations and banks, health clubs, apartments and healthcare facilities too.
Importance of mystery shopping in the medical industry
The health of an individual is of paramount importance and mystery shopping in India also takes into account the booming medical tourism industry. With increased competition, a health care provider cannot afford to be lax in anything, even task as small as mopping and sanitizing the floors of the facility is a priority. Mystery shopping in India also involves holding conversations with the personnel on duty at these medical facilities to gauge their helpfulness and ability. This is provided as feedback to help improve services overall.
Methodology of mystery shopping in India
A “shopper” will usually cover the following;
- How many employees the store had on entering and on leaving.
- How long the employees take to greet them.
- The individual names of the employees.
- The manner of the greeting, whether warm, casual, or off-hand.
- What questions are asked about the product.
- How long it takes to find the product.
- Types of products shown and suggestions given by employees on the best to buy.
- The kind of sales pitch used by the employee.
- If the employee tried to close the deal to the best of his abilities.
- If any add on sales are recommended or suggested.
- If the shopper was asked to revisit.
- Cleanliness as well as efficiency and speed of employees.
- Store presentation as well as the appearance.
Mystery shopping in India is a powerful tool for a company to improve upon itself and stay ahead of the competition.