What is meant by corporate investigation?
Corporate investigation services in India involve a thorough investigation of a corporation or business so as to uncover any kind of wrongdoing committed either by the management, employees or third parties. It is an essential service in the light of the complexities of business nowadays, where it is easy to get away with a quick penny earned on the side.
Different types of corporate investigations
Corporate investigation services in India vary upon the business that is in question. The legitimacy of a business partner, instances of stealing by employees, fraud as well as embezzlement, are some of the things that corporate investigation services in India can successfully accomplish.However, the main job of the corporate investigation company will be to make sure that the workings of the company are within the framework of law.
Types of corporate investigation services in India
- Undercover: the investigator blends into the company, ashamedly as an employee, and investigate cases of theft, drug use, or even cases of sexual harassment. Covert surveillance is a preferred method with them.
- Research based: here investigators use available material and data to compile facts and figures in order to find companies which your company can conduct business with. Corporate investigation services in India are very useful in the case of mergers and acquisitions, venture capitals, investments in a particular field, as well as private equity.
- Financial: here the focus is primarily on white collar crimes like fraud, laundering of money and embezzlement as well.
- Electronic: Corporate investigation services in India are also into electronic investigation where electronic information is collected as evidence, and erased data is sometimes possible to restore.
- Corruption: these involve bribery, foreign exchanges which are illegal and industrial fraud, including espionage.
Possibilities to consider with corporate investigation services in India
Corporate investigation services in India come with a lot of disruption in daily activities and also takes a toll on the resources and coffers of the company in question. Whether to take the help of corporate investigation services in India is a call that must be taken at the highest level, considering all the circumstances involved and the seriousness of the matter as well. These are basically judgement calls that have to be taken by a person who is above integrity and who has the best interests of the company at heart.
Factors calling for corporate investigation services in India:
- If the breach is a violation of the law, and the seriousness of the action
- Whether senior board members and management is involved.
- If the allegations by the company are true in the first place and the potential harm that could occur if those allegations are true.
- Possibility of future violations or continuing violations even after the investigation is complete.
- If the suspected misconduct is a health and safety risk for other employees at work.
- If there is a parallel government investigation which would complicate the corporate investigation if not conducted in harmony.
- Any possibility of litigation.